Friday, July 24, 2009

Hurt w/out Hopelessness

As Sam and I were traveling home the other day, I started crying. I was listening to some fabulous Christian music about the grace and forgiveness of Jesus and the healing power of God. I let my mind drift and began to realize again how my past is effecting me right now and how it really hurts that consequences don't just go away when you become Christian. But then, the Holy Spirit gave me the most soothing words...like a sunbeam landing on my soul....and I said out loud to Sam...

"It feels so good to hurt without feeling hopeless."

He looked at me with great compassion and amazement and said, "Evie, it is so good to hear you talk like that. You used to hurt so much more and not see that there was hope."

I paused...and took a moment to express my thanks to God for the growth in my life. How beautiful it is to live a life where I can believe the truth and not give in to the lies that want to discourage me and keep me from believing that God is such a loving and good God who cares deeply for me.

And so I place this before you..my fellow Masterpieces...do you allow yourself the gift of hurting, while believing that the amazing hope of our God covers and surrounds you?

Look up these verses and let God speak to your heart (if you can do it in the NLT version it would be best). Add verses that you find that might encourage someone else.

Precious and beloved young women of God, we need to know God's Word and share it with each other so that Jesus is lifted up in our lives!!

Psalm 55:16, 22
Psalm 34:17-19
1 Peter 5:7
Psalm 56:8


For further reflection, ask yourself these questions:

What do I learn about God from these verses?
What do these verses teach me about my relationship with God?
How will these verses impact how I view hurt in my life?
Why can I have hope even when I'm hurting?

No comments: